You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘jobs’ category.
A repost about my work at the Sonoma County Library from the Library’s blog:
We love to collect and share the stories of Sonoma County through our thousands and thousands of old photographs, maps, postcards, and other treasures of Sonoma County’s past. Now, highlights of these collections are just a mouse click away with our newest digital projects:
Sonoma Heritage Collections – flip through albums of photographs and maps from our Local History collections, historical materials from our Wine Library, and photos from the Sonoma County Archives and the Sonoma County Fair.
Sonoma County Local History - our newest blog features highlights from our photo collections, with historical notes.
Browse through history from the early days of the wine industry, to early film shoots in the county, to architectural gems that still stand. Share your story, too! Let us know if you have the inside scoop on these mystery photos.
I’ve spent much of the past year working on these projects to showcase the many interesting and rare items in the Sonoma County Library’s special collections. Over the coming year, we’ll be adding much more, from videos of the Sonoma County Fair’s early days to digitized transcripts of winemaker oral histories, paired with the original recordings.
If you’re curious about the details, you can check out my development blog.
Just for fun — a few numbers from my daily commute…
- Miles per commute (round trip): 17
- Trips by car: 15
- Trips by bicycle: 225
- Trips by Rollerblade: 1
- Partial trips by Sonoma Co. Transit due to flat tires: 2
- Regular bike commuters at my office: 4
- Average miles per commute for all bike commuters: 5.25
- Time per car commute (incl. parking and walking to office): 20 min.
- Time per bike commute (incl. changing into work clothes): 40 min.
- Additional hours spent commuting by bike: 74
- Days on which one or more sections of commute were flooded: 3
- Commutes through floods: 3
- Gallons of gas per car commute: 0.6
- Gallons used for car commutes: 9
- Gallons saved by bicycling: 121
- Pounds of carbon dioxide saved by bicycling: 384
- Calories burned due solely to riding (16 mph average speed on flat ground): 112,500
- Equivalent in whole wheat bagels: 432
- Flat tires due to goatheads: 3
- Flat tires due to incorrectly seated tire protectors : 4
- Bike parts and accessories replaced: 14
- Approximate cost of replacement parts, accessories and maintenance: $350
- Cars running a red light while I was crossing an intersection: 6
- Accidents due to icy bridges: 1